Thursday, August 25, 2011

Growing Up Is Hard To Do

Today was my last first day of school... How crazy is that??

Growing up is one of those things that's exciting and scary all at the same time. I remember not being able to wait until I was a teenager...and then looking forward to getting my license... And now, here I am, seventeen, license in hand, trying to decide which colleges to apply for and what to major in.

This is the one thing I don't recall being excited about. I mean, leaving for college, yes, but applying for colleges and worrying about whether my grades are good enough or my SAT score is high enough to get into a certain school - now that's something I just didn't see coming!

I guess maybe I just skipped that step. We tend to do that a lot of times. We think something is going to be so easy, but we often forget what it takes to make that something happen. We look forward to the destination, but pay no mind to the journey.

And I'm not gonna lie - from what I can tell so far, the journey to getting accepted to the college of my dreams is no piece of cake!

But, God, of course, has something to say about this:

"I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." 
- Proverbs 4:11 & 12


Even though the journey may be tough, the Lord is guiding us every step of the way. He won't lay any burden on us that He knows we can't handle. 

My worries seem like so little when I think of others' journies in life. Sometimes it's hard to keep that mindset when we're going through something that we think is extremely hard... Yet, somewhere out there there's someone who's going through 10x the pain or stress that we may be feeling.

God's got us in His hands wherever our journies are taking us - growing pains and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment